Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Help....
I've always been interested in reading this book, however the time never seemed right. My dear friend Cheryl loves this book, so I just HAD to read it. I listened to this book on audio, and also read the book over the weekends where I had left off. I'm so pleased that I listened to this book. It truly brought so much more to the characters than reading the story alone. When I was physically reading the book, I could hear the characters voices as I read and read as they truly spoke. I loveddddd this book! It was the best audiobook that I have EVER read. This book pulls at every string the makes you a woman. It pulls you in and just the same leaves you hanging wanting more. The author just had a way of making the words smooth as butter and rich as cream all at the same time. The detail of things were explained and worded in words I would never have thought of using. This book inspired me to get back to writing my book. This story made me feel like I was there. I laughed and giggled a lot and felt teary-eyed as well. I loved Aibileen, and Mae Mobley as well as. Miss Skeeter. I can't wait to watch the movie, however I know it will never match the book. P.S. I really loved the ending, plus I hated to see it end as well. It took me a full month to complete this book. With many breaks in between in the day, and many long walks before picking up the kids after school. I just couldn't get enough of The Help.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Micaella Lopez said...

An important novel that tackles Major Issues in a dark period of American history yet still manages to be entertaining, lively, affecting and unbelievably moving? The Help is truly a rare find, and it earns my absolute highest recommendation.
AC Repair Frisco service